Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Refrig / freezer repair or replace?

New Energy Star refrigerators us a lot less electricity. I would get a new
one.

"digger odell" wrote in message
The bottom freezer section of my 10 year old Amana BX20S5 refrigerator
appears to be nearing the end of its ropes. For example, even though
it can freeze ice cubes O.K. with the thermostat set on coldest, the
ice cream looks more like vanilla pudding. Which option is
recommended: (1) try replacing all gaskets; (2) buy a new
refrigerator; (3) have a commercial repair; (4) try DIY repair?
THANKS! digger