Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Found A Use For Pill Bottles

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:58:43 -0800 (PST), FoggyTown
wrote:

On Dec 30, 7:40?am, (J T) wrote:
? ? ?I've been accumulating pill bottles over time, and they're a neat

snip

I use them to store wood dust. Every time I mill a new species of
wood I collect the shavings/dust and save a small bottle full to mix
with glue and use as filler if/when/as required.

FoggyTown

Me, too..lol
Glad I read your post before repeating what you said..

I used to use the zip lock bags from pen kits, but pill bottles are less
awkward
and stack well..

mac

I use the pill bottles and also, I find that the plastic peanut butter jars
a great for storing larger items.

I have 8 Freud forstner bits in one. The don't rust and I can see whets in
the jar.

I can match the proper plug cutter and drill bit for making screw hole plugs
in the large pill bottles. I have a shield on the cutting edges of the drill
bits.

The young bucks in this crowd probably don't know about accumulating pill
bottles though. :-)