Posted to rec.woodworking
Twayne Twayne is offline

Default Found A Use For Pill Bottles

J T wrote:
I've been accumulating pill bottles over time, and they're a neat
item, too neat to just toss, but couldn't figure out what to use them
for. Too small to use for screws, etc. So just been stashing them.
Then this evening it struck me. Their tops seal, so they'd be
great for mixing up thinned latex for my stain experimenting. .Turns
out that when they're shook hard, with some liquid inside, they do
leak just the least bet, easily wiped off, and just right for mixing
small amounts. Won't have a lot of use for too many of them, but
it's a start. Beats mixing in a small cup or something, and with the
cap should keep for a few days at least.

JOAT
If you can read this you're in range.

Same here; I use quite a few of them. Careful, some paints will soften
the plastics I've discovered the hard wayg. Especially ones with
anything like xylene in them.

-- Small parts storage while working on something with lots of parts
-- Never thought of your use; but will in future.
-- oddball, small items like # 4, 6, 8 & 10 nuts & bolts, staples,
low-quantity stuff I only have a couple of but can never find in a tin
or drawer, things like that. Then I hot glue whatever's in a bottle to
the outside for identification.
-- Mixing stains for testing different colors to use for demo purposes,
-- Collecting steel dust & grits for the high school labs to use
-- To toss a few from the bigger drawer into to take with me to a job.
Most anything that gets lost easily or that fits when I only have a
few of; unique things, mostly.

Printer labels stick great to them, a little heat and the Rx labels peel
right off. I've even sold them for a quarter a piece at a garage sale
once.

Cheers,