Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson Peter Johnson is offline

Default Dulux paint vs. Dulux trade paint

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:14:02 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

The only thing Premium about Dulux is the price and old wives tales.

It's about position in the market. Crown and Dulux (even if you don't
like it) are marketed as premium brands, Macphersons and Gliddens
their respective value-for-money brands.

Perhaps that will change now they have been acquired by Akzo-nobel who do
make some premium paints,

It'll be interesting to see what Akzo do with Dulux, and what they do
with the two distribution networks.

other then the Crown brand which is also aimed at
the DIYer.

It wasn't when I worked for Crown and I'm not aware that the situation
has changed.