Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Unique Need for Torx/Star bits.

jusme wrote:
Trevor, had you read my first post on this issue, you would not have made
your post.

j/b

I read the first post. And the subsequent ones. It said you wanted 2-3
foot lenths of Torx bit. Something that is not readilly available,
because it is not used for shafting.

Then you said, and this is a copy and paste from your post...

"But, my need is for short Torx bits hence the need
for long Torx stock so that I could saw them for the length I need."

And also..

"I only need to turn some Torx head screws. I need to turn ten of the
screws per each tool."

How long do you need? Overall? This is the issue I had with the whole
deal. If you actually out and say what you need in the end, you are far
more likely to get useable answers. Thus, my comment.

Someone quoted you a resonable price for the stuff that YOU asked for,
considering. Considering especially, that you have no idea how to make
it, nor much of an idea of the likelihood of success in the endeavor.

Then you said that you needed it to be used as a Torx wrench. The
implication of this, to me, is that you are using it to turn a Torx head
screw. Correct, or no?
You need it to reach down a deep hole.

How deep?

Ask the correct questions, and get useful answers!

If you need a long reach Torx driver, they are cheap. If you need a 2
to 3 foot length of Torx profile shafting, they are an expensive custon
made item, not cheap.

So. Clear enough?

You have been beating around the bush, trying to reach an end, by
coming up with stuff that has to be custom made, in order to make some
cheapass short-term use, throwaway tools that you could likely as not
buy in pound boxes. If you would ante up with just a wee bit of useful
information, like, for instance, how deep a hole do you have to drive
the screw at the bottom of, you would very likely not only get an
answer, but likely 3 or 4 links to varoius products available.

That's how I am seeing this, in any case.

So. Y'all gonna ante up with some specifics, or just continue
blundering around the hard way?

Cheers
Trevor Jones