Posted to alt.home.repair
krw[_2_] krw[_2_] is offline

Default Refrig / freezer repair or replace?

In article , alt.home.repair,
says...

"digger odell" wrote in message
The bottom freezer section of my 10 year old Amana BX20S5 refrigerator
appears to be nearing the end of its ropes. For example, even though
it can freeze ice cubes O.K. with the thermostat set on coldest, the
ice cream looks more like vanilla pudding. Which option is
recommended: (1) try replacing all gaskets; (2) buy a new
refrigerator; (3) have a commercial repair; (4) try DIY repair?
THANKS! digger

I would classify every dollar I have spent on fridge repairs to be money
thrown down the toilet.

YMMV.

I'd be looking at a new one.

I'd tend to agree, but defrost timers, fans, and such are usually
pretty simple repairs. There isn't much repairable in a refer.
Usually when anything more is wrong the thing has just about had it
anyway. His problem *could* be one of these.

--
Keith