Posted to rec.woodworking
Otoe[_2_] Otoe[_2_] is offline

Default Mortising Jig Kit

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:55:00 -0600, JayCups
wrote:

While we are on the subject, I just got a mortising jig kit with no
instructions. I have most of it figured out. My question has to do with
the drill bit head vs the square chisel. Should the bit stand proud of
the chisel or should it stay beneath the tips of the chisel? Are there
any instructions on the Web?

TIA

Jay Cups

wrote:

Does anyone know if an add on mortising kit for a drill press will
work with a bench to model drill press. I know it would work with a
floor model but not sure about the bench top kind.

The bit extends beyound the chisel by 3/32 to 5/32. The bit leads the
chisel.

Cheers,

Otoe