Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Dulux paint vs. Dulux trade paint

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:14:02 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

Peter Johnson wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:34:07 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

IMHO Leyland paint is better and cheaper.

It should be compared with Gliddens (from Dulux) and
Macphersons/Brolac (from Crown). 'Ordinary' Dulux and Crown are
premium brands and Leyland is not.

The only thing Premium about Dulux is the price and old wives tales.
Perhaps that will change now they have been acquired by Akzo-nobel who do
make some premium paints, other then the Crown brand which is also aimed at
the DIYer.

I've never ever had success with any Crown paint. I do like Dulux
trade Diamond eggshell which I used for my kitchen walls (Pastorale
Jade). Even diluted to use on new plaster it gave lovely coverage
which could almost suffice without further coats :-)

I used Gliddens matt white fungicidal paint on the ceiling - that did
need a couple of coats (to hide some pencil-marks!).

--
Frank Erskine