Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LASER Galvo mirror adhesive

In article UnFcj.1423$OH6.1253@trndny03,
Joe wrote:
Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement 9
(the red stuff)

I'm impressed with polyester glue for lots of general purpose use where
the very highest strength isn't needed. It seems to bond to a larger
variety of materials than many. The downside is it takes an hour or so to
set enough to hold and 24 to get to full strength.
Dunno about brands everywhere but one in the UK is Evostick Serious Glue.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.