Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default LASER Galvo mirror adhesive

Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement 9
(the red stuff)

-Joe NOSPAM

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Joe wrote:
Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement 9
(the red stuff)

-Joe NOSPAM

Go to any Automotive Supply store and get their RearView mirror repair
Kit !!!

Yukio YANO
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Joe" writes:

Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement 9
(the red stuff)

DO NOT use Crazy glue.

I'd suggest 2 part Epoxy. 5 minute Epoxy is probably adequate and can
be removed more easily than the long cure type, though that's stronger.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Joe" writes:

Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement 9
(the red stuff)

DO NOT use Crazy glue.

I'd suggest 2 part Epoxy. 5 minute Epoxy is probably adequate and can
be removed more easily than the long cure type, though that's stronger.

Two surface-coat 'impact' adhesive might also be a good bet, as this has
very instant 'grab' characteristics when both surfaces are dry and then
brought together, but has the added advantage of retaining a degree of
flexibility in the bond, which may be helpful where a mass is being thrown
about with 'instantaneous' stops. Based on the same thinking, a superior
quality silicone rubber compound might also work well.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

agreed,the silicone in a layer thin enough to capture surface deficencies
but not thick enough to allow for flexibility would be optimal.

it bonds to glass easily and is waterproof. and easily cleaned up before it
gels.

th only dr wback is 24 hour cure time to full strength where the mirror
must be held motionless or it will creep

"Joe" writes:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article UnFcj.1423$OH6.1253@trndny03,
Joe wrote:
Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement 9
(the red stuff)

I'm impressed with polyester glue for lots of general purpose use where
the very highest strength isn't needed. It seems to bond to a larger
variety of materials than many. The downside is it takes an hour or so to
set enough to hold and 24 to get to full strength.
Dunno about brands everywhere but one in the UK is Evostick Serious Glue.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks Sam, I tried all including windshield mirror repair kit.
Best fix is yes the smallest dab of 5 minute GC epoxy then re-adjust the
Galvo brackets.
And thanks to all who replied...the LASER is holding in action with the band
Green Machine with a 30MW DPS @ 3.6 VDC
http://www.greenmachineband.com/
-Joe

"Joe" writes:

Mirrors keep falling off my "Cosmic Storm" Lightshow LASER. Not only the
galvanometer X Y scanners beam mirrors but the proximity switch mirrors
inside the galvos themselves.
I'm thinking of using high impact crazy glue or old NOS radio TV cement

9
(the red stuff)

DO NOT use Crazy glue.

I'd suggest 2 part Epoxy. 5 minute Epoxy is probably adequate and can
be removed more easily than the long cure type, though that's stronger.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included

in the

Oval mirror - mirror leaning on tree.JPG (0/2) George Max Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 May 25th 07 11:36 PM
fixing mirror - mirror screws and bushes sm_jamieson UK diy 0 April 23rd 07 01:29 PM
Remove Wall Mirror with Adhesive Al Bundy Home Repair 3 February 15th 07 12:43 PM
Mirror adhesive OK? Lobster UK diy 25 November 21st 06 10:37 PM
Interlocking Suspended Ceiling/Fixing Trunking - Self adhesive or Impact adhesive. [email protected] UK diy 0 February 3rd 06 09:21 AM