Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jusme[_2_] jusme[_2_] is offline

Default Unique Need for Torx/Star bits.

MM,

I have an indexing head and a bench grinder.

I can't answer the rest. HOWSUMEVER, I think I have just thought of an
answer to my problem. I was trying to roll my own to save money but in
reality, I can buy the pieces but there will be a waste.

Just as a learning experience, can you just give me an idea of what you have
in mind WITHOUT going to a lot of trouble?

Thanks for your response below.

j/b

"Mechanical Magic" wrote in message
On Dec 28, 11:10 am, "jusme" wrote:
Doesn't anyone have any information on how to make such an item? Is it
so
obvious that I am overlooking it?

Thanks

j/b

"jusme" wrote in message

Hi, members.

I need ~T-10 Torx bit material that runs more than the conventional
3/8"
down the length.

I really need 2 or 3 feet or more lengths. I can't seem to find this
anywhere. If it doesn't exist, does anyone have any suggestions on how
make it?

I may need 50 pieces at a time.

Thanks

j/b

Before I go to a lot of trouble, a few questions.

Do you have an indexing head?
Cutter grinder?

What tolerances do you require?
Material?

What stresses will be applied?
Any other specifications that need to be met?

Dave