Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Barta Joe Barta is offline

Default Almost round - almost round.jpg (0/1)

Swingman wrote:

"mac davis" wrote

I agree, but I also think that what they said about US back in
the day..lol

Not really. Until recently each successive generation in this
country was better educated than the last. That is statistically,
and provably, no longer the case in the US.

And while folks are, on average, and by definition, no less
intelligent than they always were, there are arguably many more of
the less intelligent holding positions in which they once would
have not qualified.

As you say, "back in the day", it was a rare cashier indeed who
didn't have the ability to make change. Have you experienced what
happens lately if a cash register suddenly doesn't work?

I rest my case ...

No matter where I go, there is always someone available to make the
case that world is now going to ****.

Joe Barta

P.S. I'm hard pressed to remember an occasion anytime recently where a
cash register suddenly stopped working. That's a good thing then,
right? Cash registers are getting more dependable? Then again, I do
miss the good old days where the cashiers had to make change
manually... those better educated cashiers of yesteryear sometimes
made mistakes and I'd find myself with a sudden $5 or $10 windfall :-)