Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default DVDs: Picture gets bright-dark-bright-dark...

The coaxial cable attachment on the TV (i.e. where we would hook the
cable to or cable from the VCR--sorry I don't know all the correct
terms!) is bad so we've been using the VCR as our tuner, then RCA type
cords to the TV which has only 1 set of input jacks. (You previously
gave me advice on that, James.) Thus why we have the DVD going into
the VCR.

Is the switchbox you refer to like an A/B coaxial switch, except for
RCA connectors? Can I pick one up at Radio Shack? If I get that,
will I still need the RF converter? (If so, what is that?)

In that case get a switchbox that has RCA connectors, plug the DVD player
into one input and the VCR into the other, it'll do just what you need.