Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mortising Jig Kit

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 13:07:19 -0800, strikerspam wrote:

I don't think there are any for bench top kind unless you get a
dedicated mortiser. There's just not enough travel on a bench top
drill press for mortising IMO.

I have one that works fine in my older Chiwanese tabletop drill press.
The drill press stroke is over 3" which is more than enough for most
needs. All I had to do was find the proper diameters to fit my quill.

That said, there isn't a drill press add-on that I know of that can
compete with a dedicated mortising machine.