Posted to sci.electronics.repair
woodpecker woodpecker is offline

Default DVDs: Picture gets bright-dark-bright-dark...

When watching some DVDs (maybe all; I haven't noticed it on some, but
it may not be as obvious on lower-contrast viewing?) the picture gets
slightly brighter, then slightly darker, then slightly brighter, then
slightly dimmer, etc. Not a flashing change, but gradual over maybe
5-10 seconds. Maybe not important, but I have the DVD player routed
through our VCR to the TV. Haven't noticed any problems with playing
VHS tapes or watching TV (through the VCR).

Any ideas? DVD player, TV, or VCR problem? (Sounds like DVD player
based on what I wrote above?!)

Jamie