Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] marc.britten@gmail.com is offline

Default Okay, how many of us are waiting for it to be warm enough to goplay in the garage again.

On Dec 26, 6:23 pm, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 23:22:31 GMT, Dave Young wrote:
Cranked up the torpedo heater and did some turning, some facing, some
milling, and some grinding (making a holder for a couple of grinding
wheel dressing diamonds I bought off of E-bay

Any concerns with dumping all of that water vapor right into the shop?

I have a ventless setup in my Garage. I use a shop fan (Air King) to
circulate the air on low.

This is the 2nd Year I'm running it and I have yet to see any rust
caused by it on any of the cast iron or steel that gets left out.

I think the fact that the shop is a little drafty (the fan pressure
probably pushes some of the humidity out), and winters in the Chicago
area make the air super dry (the water vapor probably makes the
humidity higher than 0 but less than high) probably make it OK.