Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Okay, how many of us are waiting for it to be warm enough to go play in the garage again.

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:34:45 -0500, Wes wrote:

Outside temperatures varying between -2C/28F and +12C/53F in Blighty at the
moment.

Shop is at a comfortable 16C/61F at the moment with _no heating_, just 5" of
PU foam in walls and roof and 4"EPS foam under the 8" concrete floor. The heat
from the lights, PC servers, lathe and me keep it comfortable if I use it for
2 hours a day or more.

Plan for this year is intelligent ventilation to dump surplus warmth at night
in summer, plus server consolidation to reduce the heat input and electric
charges.

I'll be using it more next week since I've had to postpone my Christmas
holidays a bit due to the usual IT department, work based planning
catastrophes...

Mark Rand
RTFM