Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

Tim Ward wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message . co.uk, at
10:45:15 on Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Jules
remarked:

(For more serious suggestions, can I add public transport and car
pooling?)

Both of those work when it's done properly. Like the tube in London, or
car pooling 9-5 office jobs when there's several of you in a suburb and
you all drive to the same office in the city.

Several of the things in TNP's list "work" in the sense of contributing to
changing things in the right direction. I think he's trying to claim that we
can do them all and it still won't be enough to "save the planet".

In the sense that flying your panties on the canoe paddle as a sail
won't help you 100 meters from the waterfalls edge.