Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
asmurff asmurff is offline

Default Almost round - almost round.jpg (0/1)

I agree with that idea, but like many I have trouble telling when I've
reached it. It has gotten easier as I've gotten older and more patient. I
also work for shorter time frames because of medical reasons and often when
I pick a project back up I can see it needs no more work.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"mac davis" wrote in message
This piece is nothing special, just wanted to illustrate a point..

I think that in turning, as well as other art forms, knowing when to stop
is as
important as knowing how to make or do the work..

Could I have made the piece really, really round?
Sure.. but besides being smaller and maybe bottom heavy, I think it would
be
less interesting....

I noticed several years and a wife ago that it's very true with painters..
My ex-wife would do what I thought was a nice painting and then try to
make it
better by adding more detail, color, shadow, whatever... Usually it hurt
more
than helped...

I'm not trying to be Arch or Charlie here, just curious if anyone else had
opinions about "when to stop" or "when it's finished"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing