Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default 2008 Pres

Rich256 wrote:

On Dec 27, 9:39 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Rich256 wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:17 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in

Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. .
just wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started,
but (my opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can
afford .. nothing in the constitution says you get the best for
free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed
survive a catastrophic illness.

The last I heard there is a nine month delay to get a angioplasty in
Canada. In the US they try to perform one within 30 minutes of
arrival at the hospital.

Canada practices the same medicine we do. Waiting a few months for an
angio would not bother me unless I
was having chest paint. The practice nowadays is to do an angio and
stent for someone HAVING a heart
attack.....big difference. Some numbers are showing that even that
practice might not help life expectancy
when compared with medication alone. When you have 90% of a coronary
artery clogged, it is not
your only health problem.

According to GE, there are more MRI machines in Seattle than there are in
all of Canada.

And about 50% of MRI's are probably for disputed Worker's Comp. claims )

But it's not all bad: Abortions are free in Canada, but of course there's a
ten-month wait...- Hide quoted text -

And in some countries (maybe most with government supplied care) some
bureaucrat reviews your case to decide if you are worth the cost. In
some countires if he turns you down you can't get treatment even for
pay because then you would be receiving something that is supposed to
be free. How much is an angoioplasty going to help if you are

I had a tremendous friend - best of my life - who lived to be 94. Oh,
how I wish there was another,
but there never will be. She had her first heart attack, with cardiac
arrest, at age 72. Couple more mild heart
attacks. Bad back. Broken hip at 88. Got shingles when about 90. In
pain, but tough as nails.

She was hospitalized when she was about 89, getting very sick with
intestinal problems and having a great
deal of shoulder pain. During her first day in the hospital, I was
reading the newspaper and happened to
see a full-page ad for one of the cholesterol drugs. WOW! Under "side
effects" was a perfect description
of her complaints. She was taken off all meds, then put back on just
her beta blocker or whatever it was.
Cholesterol meds at age 89???? Hell, just take the money and hang a
gold medal on my chest if I live
to be 80 )

already 85 years old? Then in those countries, if you have the money
you go elsewhere such as the U.S.

How is a government bureaucrat different from a clerk at an insurance
company? When my friend Hillary is
elected, I'm going to help her set up clinical trials for chronic care
by staffing the places to overflowing with
registered nurses. No $8/hour slaves. Then, pass a bill to educate,
for free, anyone who wants to go to
medical school and specialize in gerontology. Old people can't tolerate
the same crap that younger ones can,
and half the cost of medical care is in undoing the poor treatment being
given. Americans are too stupid and
lazy to figure out what/when a particular treatment will cause
problems. Replacement hormones are a good example.
Dearies can't stand a few hot flashes, so they end up on hormones, then
diuretics, then potassium replacement,
then heart problems. Buy a cotton t-shirt and get over it! )

You could probably take the money spent on disposable diapers in nursing
homes and staff the dumps so that
there is enough staff to take granny and gramps to the bathroom when
they need to go. I don't recall a
nursing home patient, ever, who fell for any reason other than trying to
get to the bathroom. If it comes to
putting me in a nursing home, I hope someone will just cut my throat.

I get a "free" physical when I enroll in Medicare in the not too distant
future. Then some jerk will tell me my bones are
thinning and want to put me on another expensive drug.