Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2008 Pres

I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/
Posted to alt.home.repair

0On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:12:21 -0600, Caesar Romano
wrote:

I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:

How do I keep a candidate out of my wallet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 26, 8:12�pm, Caesar Romano wrote:
I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

plus obama isnt part of the problem I DONT like dynasties, clinton
would be another dynasty like the bushes........

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. . just
wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started, but
(my opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can afford ..
nothing in the constitution says you get the best for free .. .. ..

Caesar Romano wrote:
I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

wrote:

On Dec 26, 8:12�pm, Caesar Romano wrote:

I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

plus obama isnt part of the problem I DONT like dynasties, clinton
would be another dynasty like the bushes........

There is NO other dynasty like the #$%^&* Bushes.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Caesar Romano wrote:

I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

The thing is, people are getting health care now, and it IS being
paid for. So the resources are available and being used -- but
inefficiently, because the poor show up at emergency rooms rather
than doctors' offices. The "give 'em only what they can pay for"
strategy can only work if we're willing to let people who CAN'T
(or, unless coverage is mandatory, WON'T) pay die in the streets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:47:08 GMT, CJT wrote:

There is NO other dynasty like the #$%^&* Bushes.

Not even a Kennedy?

Hick-up!.. Rum Runners and such.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Caesar Romano wrote:
I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

Well, he reports the same silliness: 47 million Americans don't have health
insurance. Lack of heath INSURANCE is not the same as lack of health CARE.

Of these, 10-12 million are illegal aliens, 2-5 million are seniors who have
not yet signed up for Medicare, about 20 million are young people who have
chosen NOT to spend their money on insurance, 2-4 million are between jobs
that include insurance. So, then, 34 to 41 of the 49 million are not part of
the chronically uninsured.

As to ca Of the 8-13 million not covered, they can still get health care
at emergency rooms, pubic clinics, VA, and other sources.

Obama and many others would chance screwing up a health insurance system
that WORKS for 300 million people just so a very small number can get more
attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message
Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. . just
wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started, but (my
opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can afford ..
nothing in the constitution says you get the best for free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed to
survive a catastrophic illness.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Caesar Romano wrote:

I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

The thing is, people are getting health care now, and it IS being
paid for. So the resources are available and being used -- but
inefficiently, because the poor show up at emergency rooms rather
than doctors' offices. The "give 'em only what they can pay for"
strategy can only work if we're willing to let people who CAN'T
(or, unless coverage is mandatory, WON'T) pay die in the streets.

We already have a socialized medicine organization that pretty much everyone
approves of completely, even though the quality of care is mixed, according
to its customers. Let's see how many hundreds of messages it takes for all
the patriots to name the organization. This will be fun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Caesar Romano wrote:

I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

The thing is, people are getting health care now, and it IS being
paid for. So the resources are available and being used -- but
inefficiently, because the poor show up at emergency rooms rather
than doctors' offices. The "give 'em only what they can pay for"
strategy can only work if we're willing to let people who CAN'T
(or, unless coverage is mandatory, WON'T) pay die in the streets.

We already have a socialized medicine organization that pretty much
everyone approves of completely, even though the quality of care is mixed,
according to its customers. Let's see how many hundreds of messages it
takes for all the patriots to name the organization. This will be fun.

I'm in it and if anyone wants to trade my VA healthcare for what they have,
let's make a deal.

--
The very first thing they teach freshmen
politicians is that a politician's main job

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

http://www.reason.com/
www.ij.org

JC

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:19:23 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

We already have a socialized medicine organization that pretty much
everyone
approves of completely, even though the quality of care is mixed,
according
to its customers. Let's see how many hundreds of messages it takes for all
the patriots to name the organization. This will be fun.

Well you have medicare but it is going broke even though every person
with a job pays in and only workers with 40 quarters over 65 can
collect. Even then it isn't completely "free".

I imagine you are looking for VA.

Yep. That's our example of socialized medicine. Now, let's see who comes
along and suggests abolishing it solely because it is a perfect example of
socialized medicine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 7:17*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
""__ Bøb __"" wrote in ...

Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. . just
wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started, but (my
opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can afford ..
nothing in the constitution says you get the best for free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed to
survive a catastrophic illness.

The last I heard there is a nine month delay to get a angioplasty in
Canada. In the US they try to perform one within 30 minutes of
arrival at the hospital.

As the government funds get lower the wait increases. I will bet
Hillary and Bill wouldn't have to wait.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C1A9659582 60

At least the border is close:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...ub=CTVNewsAt11

The workable solution would be something to cover catastrophic care.
Not coverage for a sore throat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rich256" wrote in message
[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I recall that in the early 1970s, when I was in college, I had an ID card
from my dad, for "major medical" coverage. Aetna or some other company. I
paid cash for the little stuff, which was rare, and this coverage was
supposed to kick in for big problems. I tried to find that sort of coverage
a couple of months ago. Guess what? It's now non-existent in NY State. I
intend to find out why.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is Alfred E Newman, or Pat Paulson running this year?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich256 wrote:
On Dec 27, 7:17 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
""__ Bøb __"" wrote in

Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. .
just wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started,
but (my opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can
afford .. nothing in the constitution says you get the best for
free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed
survive a catastrophic illness.

The last I heard there is a nine month delay to get a angioplasty in
Canada. In the US they try to perform one within 30 minutes of
arrival at the hospital.

According to GE, there are more MRI machines in Seattle than there are in
all of Canada.

But it's not all bad: Abortions are free in Canada, but of course there's a
ten-month wait...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 9:39*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Rich256 wrote:
[...]

ten-month wait...- Hide quoted text -

And in some countries (maybe most with government supplied care) some
bureaucrat reviews your case to decide if you are worth the cost. In
some countires if he turns you down you can't get treatment even for
pay because then you would be receiving something that is supposed to
be free. How much is an angoioplasty going to help if you are
already 85 years old? Then in those countries, if you have the money
you go elsewhere such as the U.S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rich256 wrote:

On Dec 27, 9:39 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Rich256 wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:17 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in

Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. .
just wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started,
but (my opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can
afford .. nothing in the constitution says you get the best for
free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed
survive a catastrophic illness.

The last I heard there is a nine month delay to get a angioplasty in
Canada. In the US they try to perform one within 30 minutes of
arrival at the hospital.

Canada practices the same medicine we do. Waiting a few months for an
angio would not bother me unless I
was having chest paint. The practice nowadays is to do an angio and
stent for someone HAVING a heart
attack.....big difference. Some numbers are showing that even that
practice might not help life expectancy
when compared with medication alone. When you have 90% of a coronary
artery clogged, it is not
your only health problem.

According to GE, there are more MRI machines in Seattle than there are in
all of Canada.

And about 50% of MRI's are probably for disputed Worker's Comp. claims )

But it's not all bad: Abortions are free in Canada, but of course there's a
ten-month wait...- Hide quoted text -

And in some countries (maybe most with government supplied care) some
bureaucrat reviews your case to decide if you are worth the cost. In
some countires if he turns you down you can't get treatment even for
pay because then you would be receiving something that is supposed to
be free. How much is an angoioplasty going to help if you are

I had a tremendous friend - best of my life - who lived to be 94. Oh,
how I wish there was another,
but there never will be. She had her first heart attack, with cardiac
arrest, at age 72. Couple more mild heart
attacks. Bad back. Broken hip at 88. Got shingles when about 90. In
pain, but tough as nails.

She was hospitalized when she was about 89, getting very sick with
intestinal problems and having a great
deal of shoulder pain. During her first day in the hospital, I was
reading the newspaper and happened to
see a full-page ad for one of the cholesterol drugs. WOW! Under "side
effects" was a perfect description
of her complaints. She was taken off all meds, then put back on just
her beta blocker or whatever it was.
Cholesterol meds at age 89???? Hell, just take the money and hang a
gold medal on my chest if I live
to be 80 )

already 85 years old? Then in those countries, if you have the money
you go elsewhere such as the U.S.

How is a government bureaucrat different from a clerk at an insurance
company? When my friend Hillary is
elected, I'm going to help her set up clinical trials for chronic care
by staffing the places to overflowing with
registered nurses. No $8/hour slaves. Then, pass a bill to educate,
for free, anyone who wants to go to
medical school and specialize in gerontology. Old people can't tolerate
the same crap that younger ones can,
and half the cost of medical care is in undoing the poor treatment being
given. Americans are too stupid and
lazy to figure out what/when a particular treatment will cause
problems. Replacement hormones are a good example.
Dearies can't stand a few hot flashes, so they end up on hormones, then
diuretics, then potassium replacement,
then heart problems. Buy a cotton t-shirt and get over it! )

You could probably take the money spent on disposable diapers in nursing
homes and staff the dumps so that
there is enough staff to take granny and gramps to the bathroom when
they need to go. I don't recall a
nursing home patient, ever, who fell for any reason other than trying to
get to the bathroom. If it comes to
putting me in a nursing home, I hope someone will just cut my throat.

I get a "free" physical when I enroll in Medicare in the not too distant
future. Then some jerk will tell me my bones are
thinning and want to put me on another expensive drug.

Posted to alt.home.repair

the triilons wasted in iraq would likely pay for top notch healthcare
for everyone..

the current system is broke, something better should be created.

if someone with no health coverage shows up at the ER with a life
threatening trouble they get cared for too. cant have them dying in
the waiting room......

such care can cost big bucks and earlier treatement may have saved
lots of money.,

if the government quit wasting money on pork projects we could
probably afford good health care for everyone

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
the triilons wasted in iraq would likely pay for top notch healthcare
for everyone..

Has anyone ever noticed that the ONLY thing the US Constitution allows the
federal government to spend money is the common defence? Your healthcare is
your problem. Get your priorities straight and put your health before the
new car, the fancy meals, the big house, the HDTV, the beer and cigarettes
and all the other crap you put before your health and you'll be just fine.

--
The very first thing they teach freshmen
politicians is that a politician's main job
is to make people worry about something
so the government can fix it and tax it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

http://www.reason.com/
www.ij.org

JC

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
" wrote:

if the government quit wasting money on pork projects we could
probably afford good health care for everyone

"Health care" is the ultimate pork, a bottomless pit

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:47:08 GMT, CJT wrote:

There is NO other dynasty like the #$%^&* Bushes.

The scumbag Clintons got them beat.
Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Speak softly and carry a loaded .45
Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiricy
Web Site: www.destarr.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Starr wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:47:08 GMT, CJT wrote:

There is NO other dynasty like the #$%^&* Bushes.

The scumbag Clintons got them beat.
Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Speak softly and carry a loaded .45
Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiricy
Web Site: www.destarr.com

Hi,
You like ever rising budget deficit and sky rocketing debt then?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:17:19 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message
Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. . just
wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started, but (my
opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can afford ..
nothing in the constitution says you get the best for free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed to
survive a catastrophic illness.

Unless; I was an incarcerated felon.

Federal Law and Court rulings; entitle federal prisoners to medical
care at no cost. They line up for Sick Call.

Same as any state system.
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

congress is a ineffetive waste because its all about getting elected,
and re elected. so fundraising and beholden to special interest
groups. people basically buy congress......

what were left with.......

a useless bunch of pork barrel jerks, immitating
congressmen..............

the first step to fix things is election reform, limits on campaign
fund raising, and term limits.........

withot this are country is doomed to wasted money and pork
spending........

but hey maybe congressional approval rates can get below 28% they
currently are.

maybe top out at 5%
Posted to alt.home.repair

Caesar Romano wrote:
I hate to admit it, but B.O. is the only candidate with a reasonable
health care plan:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

No need for politics here.

Plenty of usenet groups for that.

Caesar, being too stupid to comprehend that, and not a useful
contributor here in any event, gets filtered.

PLONK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 12:18*pm, " wrote:
the triilons wasted in iraq would likely pay for top notch healthcare
for everyone..

Pretty obvious you did not research your numbers.

Health care is in US costs over two TRILLION a year.
Cost of the Iraq war was less than 500 Billion the last I heard.

if the government quit wasting money on pork projects we could
probably afford good health care for everyone

Limited care but not what many want. Everyone can have 1960 level
care but the cost of the top medical care simply can't be supplied.
For men with prostate problems the US has the latest laser surgery.
Canada has not yet purchased even one machine (The knife is "good
enough"). They are thinking of buying one because less time in the
hospital might pay for the difference. UK has a machine but the wait
is months if available at all. Most there go for pay for service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 12:18*pm, " wrote:
the triilons wasted in iraq would likely pay for top notch healthcare
for everyone..

the current system is broke, something better should be created.

if someone with no health coverage shows up at the ER with a life
threatening trouble they get cared for too. cant have them dying in
the waiting room......

such care can cost big bucks and earlier treatement may have saved
lots of money.,

if the government quit wasting money on pork projects we could
probably afford good health care for everyone

The last I heard the cost of Iraq was running something less than 500
Billion. Yeah very expensive.

However, the "Annual" cost of health care in the US is over 2
Trillion.

The bottom line seems to be that with universal health care everyone
eventually gets taken care of but not necessarily at the level they
would like. For example men in the US with prostate problems are now
being treated with laser system. Every city has several of the
machines. Canada has yet to buy their first one (The knife is cheaper
and "good enough"). It is the same in other countries with universal
care. The laser system is considered too expensive. UK has one and
if you are a member of parliment or the royal family you might get
treated that way. Others there go for pay for service to get that
treatment.

A doctor in Canada said that in the US health care is rationed by
price. In Canada it is by queue.

Also note that over 25% of the doctors in the US are foreigners.
Another big cost that will have to be supplied by the Governement is
education of doctors. There is more money to be made being a lawyer
sueing doctors than practicing medicine!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't want a health care plan. I want the government to live within its
budget, and within the limits the Constitution places on government.

Then you need to vote for a Democrat.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

nick hull wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

if the government quit wasting money on pork projects we could
probably afford good health care for everyone

"Health care" is the ultimate pork, a bottomless pit

That is certainly true of the system we have NOW.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

David Starr wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:47:08 GMT, CJT wrote:

There is NO other dynasty like the #$%^&* Bushes.

The scumbag Clintons got them beat.

In a GOOD way, sure.

Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant.
Speak softly and carry a loaded .45
Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiricy
Web Site: www.destarr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

wrote:

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message

Yeah right .. .. .. if you think health care is expen$ive now .. . just
wait 'till it's "FREE"

I don't know who got this notion of universal health care started, but (my
opinion) you are entitled to the best health care you can afford ..
nothing in the constitution says you get the best for free .. .. ..

You'd change your tune if YOU couldn't afford health care you needed to
survive a catastrophic illness.

Unless; I was an incarcerated felon.

Federal Law and Court rulings; entitle federal prisoners to medical
care at no cost. They line up for Sick Call.

Same as any state system.
Oren
--

So the solution is simple -- advise everybody with a terminal disease
to knock over the nearest 7-11.