Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Okay, how many of us are waiting for it to be warm enough to go play in the garage again.

On 27 Dec 2007 03:42:51 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:51:55 -0500, Gerald Miller wrote:

I'm waiting for enough of the white stuff so I can start the eight
(Tecumseh) ponies and toss the accumulation from my eight car parking
lot over the hedge onto the city boulevard, then clear half the back
yard so puppy can go puddle without having to get her tummy too cold.

Ahhh...every Tecumseh engine I've had, has been an absolute bitch to
start in the cold. Briggs for winter, Tecumseh for winter. Kohler for
anytime.

The Tecumseh "winter king" engine starts every time with one pull --
if and only if you maintain the carburetor. They are quite fussy
about that but otherwise about as reliable as gravity. I've rebuilt
the carb on my Toro every 5 years for the past 25 years, that's worked
fer me. The rebuild kit is about 20 bux.

I keep it outdoors. Started on first pull again today, just as it did
after its summer vacation in the shed.