Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Limited trim options for H7ICAT Hi-hat

On Dec 24, 2:12*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message

When I renovated my kitchen, I used the H7ICAT hi-hats. ( insulation
rated, air tight). from what I read on the spec sheet on Cooper's
website, there are only like 6 or 7 trims/baffles you can use.
http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfi..._H7baffles.pdf

But I just wanted the basic baffle. I used the 310 baffle with the R30
65 watt bulb.

When I installed it, if you look up into the hi-hat, you can see some
of the inside of the housing. It seems that either the baffle is too
wide on top , or the bulb is too small. I did push the adjustable
light socket all the way up, so it's as far up as it will go.
*It's really not noticeable unless the light is off and if you look
up. I was just curious if anyone encountered a similiar problem

Are you sure that you have the 310 trim and not a 410. *They are almost
identical except that the 310 is somewhat conical to help the bulb hide the
guts of the fixture. *Something else to consider is that there are R30 short
neck and R30 long neck bulbs. *In the H7 you should use the long neck.

Yes I have the 310 with BR30 65W bulbs ( as it says on the chart). I
understand it is not an airtite baffle, but it is one of the baffles
that can be used on the H7ICAT. That's why I'm trying to find out why
the bulb does not fill more of the fixture than I thought it should.
By the way, it seems the big box stores don't carry the 30WAT baffle.
What makes it airtite? Is there a gasket around the edge of the
baffle? Because my hi-hats came with gaskets that I put on with the
310 baffles.