Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_3_] SteveB[_3_] is offline

Default Fridge filter question

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
I know it's been more than six months since a change, so will change it
just in case. After that, I'm not sure if that change every six months
is realistic or they're trying to sell filters. Perhaps you could
advise?

The time to change depends on the quality of water you have. I'd be happy
to get four months from a filter. I use an in-line filter on the feed to
the fridge and that is after the whole house sediment filter. OTOH, do
you want that gunk that filter trapped to linger for that long?

Good point. This spring, there will be some work to be done on some water
lines around here. At that time, I will install an inline to the house. I
think I'm going to put a new filter on there right now just out of general
principles.

Steve