Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge filter question

"SteveB" wrote in message
I know it's been more than six months since a change, so will change it
just in case. After that, I'm not sure if that change every six months is
realistic or they're trying to sell filters. Perhaps you could advise?

The time to change depends on the quality of water you have. I'd be happy
to get four months from a filter. I use an in-line filter on the feed to the
fridge and that is after the whole house sediment filter. OTOH, do you want
that gunk that filter trapped to linger for that long?