Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Genie garage remote and how to unlock door

OR, go through the door from inside the house and pull the rope.

"Znott" wrote in message
I have a new place and no instructions for the Genie garage door
opener. Here's my problem. If the power goes out, I have no entrance
to my garage and can't get my car out. There is a small round lock
right now on the door and it connects to a cable that will pull Red
cord and disable the door from the unit.

However, I can't figure out how this works. I can turn the key about
180 degrees and then it stops rotating. My assumption is that I would
have to turn the key round and round until the cable pulls the cord.
Is that right? If that is the case, is there a special way to turn
the key, pushing it in or pulling it out or something?

TIA