Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_3_] SteveB[_3_] is offline

Default Fridge filter question

I have a Kenmore (discovered it was made by Frigidaire when I googled Model
#). The red light came on for filter, and the water comes out slower.

When you open up the fridge door, it's on the upper right. You press a
triangular tab on the corner, and the filter apparently comes out. Two
tubes in the back with O-rings, shown in the picture. So, apparently, to
change the filter, you hit the triangular tab, the filter either pops out or
you pull it out and slide in the new one.

My question: do you have to shut off the water? I read several sites, and
they had some info, but not that.

Steve