Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns Carl Byrns is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

"Doug White" wrote in message
wrote:

"Bill Schwab" wrote in message
Hello all,

Any recommendations for a vacuum cleaner for home cleaning? Trying to
fit
a big shop vacuum through tight spaces is getting a little old. Noise
isn't too big a deal: a mix of ear buds and hearing protection works
wonders, but size and suction are important. I have a mix of carpet,
wood
and some tiled areas. My dog has long hair and sheds in ways that defy
description, even in winter =:0

If you bought something a little pricey and got a machine truly worth
having, I would like to hear about it. Of course, if something cheap is
worth having, I'd _really_ like to know about it.

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=17182

Backpack vacs have been recognized in the commercial cleaning industry as
one of the most efficient ways to vacuum. This is one of the better
models.
They are not the most powerful, but the mobility and the fact that you can
clean more frequently due to the efficiency is a big plus.

The Cadillac of back pack vacuums is the Nilfisk Backvacuum. They are
very expensive, but they work great. They are light, comfortable to
wear, and powerful. I borrowed one briefly at work, and have been
lusting after one ever since. Too bad they are so pricey.

http://www.bestvacuum.com/nilfisk-backvacuum.html

Doug White

IMHO if it has a bag, it is obsolete. It is a flawed design: the performance
of any bag vacuum starts to diminish the moment it starts to pick up dust,
no matter how expensive it is.

-Carl