Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Bearings in AEG washing machine

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 20:49:47 GMT, wrote:

On 24 Dec,
"Ian" wrote:

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message

I think the bearings in my 15 year-old AEG washing machine
are getting worn -
it seems to vibrate much more than it used to.

Is it possible to get the bearings replaced or restored?

--
Timothy Murphy

After buying the bearings and a bearing puller it will be cheaper to get a
new washing machine with manufacturers guarantee. It's not a job I would
try again. It takes too long.

It's not difficult on an AEG. The bearings are on a removable spider. The
trouble is getting the bearings /and/ /seal/.

I was quoted something like £150 for bearings, spider and seal. I couldn't
get the sub components.

Hmm, I did (on our AEG Lavamat). The bearings were fairly easy from a
std bearing supplier and the 'special' (large rubber flanged) seal was
found via a local appliance shops generic parts catalogue (for about
12 quid if I remember).

All the best ..

T i m