Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Bearings in AEG washing machine

Timothy Murphy wrote:

I think the energy used by this machine must be more or less determined
by the temperature it is set to -
I imagine the energy used by the motor is negligible by comparison.
You can set the machine to use less water.
I doubt if there has been much improvement in this technology
during the last 15 years.

*Some* machines allow you to use less water. I'm fairly sure the one we
had 15 years ago had a "half load" button for just that purpose. The
one we have now uses magic or something to work out how much water to
use - so it can be a 1/4 fill, or a 3/4, or something. That *will* save
energy.

Andy