Posted to uk.d-i-y
scotsgal scotsgal is offline

Default Cigarette smoke

Hmmm. I'm a bit disappointed so I'll not visit this site again. I
posted messages to help others with the same problem and get practical
advice, not cheeky comments about candles.

Of course you would expect air to move around in old buildings and
ventilation is essential, but I am not suggesting trying to
'hermetically seal' it and it is recommended practice nowadays to
draught-proof your property using caulk or sealant anyway to save
energy.

I get along very well with my neighbours. I just don't like their cig
smoke. Wherever air goes, the smoke can go - that's your answer to how
it permeates everything, including the fabric/structure of our homes.
And if you're a child or asthmatic, the chemicals in even faint smoke
particles are more than just a nuisance.