Posted to uk.d-i-y
al al is offline

Default Cigarette smoke

On Dec 24, 7:55*pm, Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-12-24 19:06:24 +0000, al said:

On Dec 24, 5:17*pm, Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-12-24 15:17:45 +0000, al said:

Hi
Why not burn one of those scented candles instead of trying to
hermetically seal a room?

They are even more revolting thatn cigarette smoke.

Or maybe just open a window, or learn to live with it -there are much
greater sources of pollution to deal with :-)

Very few.

There's no reason to "live with" cigarette smoke at all.

Multiple occupancy *and attached dwellings should be treated as public
buildings for the purpose of smoking legislation.

The amount we are talking about must be very small, surely opening a
window for 5 minutes will clear it?
Al

Even small amounts permeate the fabric of the property, get into
furnishings and generally make for an unpleasant environment. * *
Opening the window for 5 minutes doesn't address that because it recurs
as soon as the window is closed and somebody lights up.

Adding scents to the room doesn't help either. *Those designed to
address tobacco smells simply make matters far worse. * *- Hide quoted text -

Yebut we are talking the house next door here, surely the fabric of
the building on the other side of the wall will filter most of the
particles (look at walls and ceilings of a smokers house)?
Non smokers are becoming worse than ex-smokers :-)

Al