Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default FREE OFFER -- Harbor Freight 1/4" wire rope and hook

On Dec 24, 9:43*am, Ignoramus2318

On Dec 24, 12:28*am, Ignoramus19045 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
On 2007-12-24, Wes wrote:

Ignoramus19045 wrote:

no takers, I threw it to garbage.

Well it was harbor freight.....

Yes, it was rather crappy. Not weak, as such, just not convenient to
use due to unfriendliness of the wire rope. I did keep the hook,
however.

The story is that I got some end of year money and decided to upgrade
to a super flexible stainless wire rope, and to a better hook that I
already had.

Man, I would NEVER throw away still-useful rigging gear; the disabled
vehicle is always 10' too far away for my winch cable to reach or
something similar. Maybe the best use for it is as a loaner when you
just know the turkeys will wreck it yanking their trucks out of the
mudhole.

I do not think that this 1/4" wire rope is suitable for car recovery.

My neighbor has 3 short pieces of the braided yellow/orange tow rope
from WalMart hanging from the rear of his Polaris. It wasn't even
suitable for 800 Lb ATV recovery.