Jeridiah

Default Gunner's medical bills

I can remember when my first daughter was born. The bill
was, IIRC, about $300. Now? Several thousands. In the

FYI

Recently had a son, total bill was just a shade over $12k. Nothing
unusual about the birth.

For a natural event, not an illness or injury.
Bizarre!

Yeah, I was a little shocked by that too. I had already checked into
it before he came along. Thankfully it is pretty much covered by
insurance, but it's pretty ridiculous. That BTW is just for the
delivery and hospital stay.

Each checkup is about $150(100% covered). These "checkups" involve
about 5 min of actual face time with any professional(doctor or
nurse). I wish I could charge $1800/hr for my time!

The whole thing is out of control. Most of it is liability insurance.
I have heard there are a lot of doctors in Western states leaving
because they can't afford the 6 digit hikes in malpractice and
liability insurance.

We can't expect these people to be perfect. We would sure LIKE them
to be, but each and every case is so radically different(even for
"routine" stuff) it is hard to expect them to get it right 100% of the
time. In all honesty, the success rate they do have is VERY
impressive.

JW