Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
NoOne N Particular NoOne N Particular is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

Bill Schwab wrote:
Hello all,

Any recommendations for a vacuum cleaner for home cleaning? Trying to
fit a big shop vacuum through tight spaces is getting a little old.
Noise isn't too big a deal: a mix of ear buds and hearing protection
works wonders, but size and suction are important. I have a mix of
carpet, wood and some tiled areas. My dog has long hair and sheds in
ways that defy description, even in winter =:0

If you bought something a little pricey and got a machine truly worth
having, I would like to hear about it. Of course, if something cheap is
worth having, I'd _really_ like to know about it.

Thanks,

Bill

I know what you mean about the dog hair. We had a Brittany Spaniel
(possibly related to Brittany Spears :-) ) that was a walking hair
machine. That dog weighed about 35 pounds and I swear it lost 50 lbs of
hair a day. We went though a Hoover and a Eureka and then said to hell
with it and bought a Kirby (This was about 1990 or so). That thing was
able to pick up all the hair that dog lost and is still going strong
today. Never had a problem with it. It is a little on the heavy side
but it isn't too bad, and it will not get into small or low spaces. But
it really sucks.

Wayne