Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

Harold,

I installed a Vacuflow 960 in the shop, and have it extended to the house
we're building. This particular model has twin motors, and is recommended
for use in large systems, in buildings up to 18,000 square feet. Need I
tell you I'm impressed with the performance?

Feel free not to answer, but are you building on the same property, or
planning to yank the unit and take it with you? That would probably be
trivial compared to moving your shop My concern is over resale: can
you easily get away with taking the unit with you? I suppose you could
just remove the tubing and patch the holes??

If my mental picture of routing tubes to the unit is correct, it could
make for some UGLY blockages?? Does one put capped tees in the lines
every so often, or would that only lead to problems?

I dread the thought of moving, but in truth have no idea how long I will
stay. The installation would do me some good, but so would building the
furniture I have been promising myself. You are not the only person
advocating a central system - somebody did it with a big shop vac.

Bill