David

Default Bedroom or boxroom?

Lee Blaver wrote in message ...
Bob Eager wrote:

Anyone see that story last week about some builder (Red...something?)
that had built a row of about 9 'town houses'. The stairs had a sharp
bend and it was impossible to get most furniture above the ground floor
(which was kitchen and dining room).

As an aside, a family down the road has just built an enclosed porch on
the front of their house, complete with an offset door. No chance of
getting an assembled wardrobe through that. No rear access to the
property either.
Clearly a lot of thought went into that idea... :-)

Thanks for all the bedroom replies folks - sounds like my plan will be
fine then.

When we were round at my parents the other day, conversation got round
to what would happen to my Dad's most prize possession, a baby grand
piano, once he'd shuffled off this mortal coil (he's a fit and healthy
late 70s). We were musing about how they'd ever got the thing into
the house in the first place (about 50 years ago) when we realised
that this had been prior to some extensive alterations my parents had
done to the house back in the 60s. So quite simply, the piano now
won't move out of their sitting room without either calling in Gnube
to give us the benefit of his newfound experience in piano
dismantling, or by removing a wall.

A good laugh was had by all (while I was mentally fast-forwarding a
few years into the future when I'll have the joy of having to sort it
out...)

David