Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

William Wixon wrote:

"Tom M" wrote in message
. ..

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

We have a 3 year old Dyson DC14. Best vacuum ever made, period. The
ease-of-use is way beyond any other vacuum cleaner design and just like
the ad says: never loses suction, never needs bags. Not cheap but I see
the price has gone down since they were introduced. Still worth every
penny.

I don't care how powerful a vacuum is, if it needs bags or filters, it is
obsolete 19th century technology on par with 78 rpm records or
pedal-powered sewing machines.

-Carl

Sure agree with you on the Dyson. What they say is true.

Tom

i thought that was pure marketing hype (i have a dyson). there were
cyclonic vacuum cleaners before dyson. i think the dyson is heavy clunky
and big. difficult to vacuum under stuff, VERY difficult to vacuum stairs,
sometimes (like when vacuuming heavy shag carpet) the vibrator bar
rattles/clatters LOUDLY against the mouth/housing. if it were me i'd buy a
(two or three) MUCH less expensive vacuum cleaner than the dyson. i'd like
to try the oreck.

You must have an older one. I've experienced no such problems. The
only thing I don't really care for is the wand in the handle. It's a
bit difficult to manage and the hose tends to crimp but other than that,
no problems.

Jim