Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

Bill Schwab writes:

Hello all,

Any recommendations for a vacuum cleaner for home cleaning? Trying to
fit a big shop vacuum through tight spaces is getting a little
old. Noise isn't too big a deal: a mix of ear buds and hearing
protection works wonders, but size and suction are important. I have
a mix of carpet, wood and some tiled areas. My dog has long hair and
sheds in ways that defy description, even in winter =:0

I've got a Golden Retriever. Unlike breeds that shed in the summer,
Goldens just shed *more* in the summer.

If you bought something a little pricey and got a machine truly worth
having, I would like to hear about it. Of course, if something cheap
is worth having, I'd _really_ like to know about it.

Got a Dyson a little while ago. And it's the first vacuum cleaner I
can remember us having in almost thirty years of marriage that I
wasn't swearing at within a month of bringing it home. It cost a
mint, but It Works.

I haven't had to try to get clogs of dog hair out of the extension
hose, I haven't had to disassemble it to replace a belt, and it
doesn't use filters. And it cleans.