Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
DIY[_2_] DIY[_2_] is offline

Default Oil Filled Radiator

"John" wrote:
Are these OK for batroom use? My Mums bathroom is very cold at the moment
(obviously). She is toying with the idea of a De Longhi radiator with a
hole drilled through the wall and plugged into a socket on the landing.
If I cut the plug off and drill a hole for the cable and re attach the
plug will it be safe using the rad in this situation. I was thinking of
shortening the cable so there would be no chance of it finding it's way
into the bath.

Cheers

John

Personally I would only fit a heater that was designed for bathroom use, and
I don't know whether this applies to the De Longhi. Have you thought about
installing a bathroom ceiling heat and light unit? You just replace the
existing ceiling light with one of these:
http://www.ryness.co.uk/ProductDetai...ProductID=1115