Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default What are these called and where can I buy them?

MikeB wrote:

We have glass-fronted bookcases in our den. The glass is kept in place
by a kind of screw-in clip (pictures he
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/18dd435f.jpg
and
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/325e3221.jpg)

I don't know what to call these things, and I don't know where to buy
them.

I tried the large home-improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowes), but
only got blank stares. The only ACE hardware I know of near me closed
some time back. If I can figure out what the correct name for these
things are, I might be able to order some online?

I live in the DFW area of Texas, so if you know of a local store that
stock these things, I'd also really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

If you call a glass shop or picture framer, ask for "glazier's clips".
They probably know what it is. I did
a google search and found instructions for picture framing that called
them "sprigs".