Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

"Tom M" wrote in message
. ..

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

We have a 3 year old Dyson DC14. Best vacuum ever made, period. The
ease-of-use is way beyond any other vacuum cleaner design and just like
the ad says: never loses suction, never needs bags. Not cheap but I see
the price has gone down since they were introduced. Still worth every
penny.

I don't care how powerful a vacuum is, if it needs bags or filters, it is
obsolete 19th century technology on par with 78 rpm records or
pedal-powered sewing machines.

-Carl

Sure agree with you on the Dyson. What they say is true.

Tom

i thought that was pure marketing hype (i have a dyson). there were
cyclonic vacuum cleaners before dyson. i think the dyson is heavy clunky
and big. difficult to vacuum under stuff, VERY difficult to vacuum stairs,
sometimes (like when vacuuming heavy shag carpet) the vibrator bar
rattles/clatters LOUDLY against the mouth/housing. if it were me i'd buy a
(two or three) MUCH less expensive vacuum cleaner than the dyson. i'd like
to try the oreck.