Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns Carl Byrns is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

"Bill Schwab" wrote in message
Hello all,

Any recommendations for a vacuum cleaner for home cleaning? Trying to fit
a big shop vacuum through tight spaces is getting a little old. Noise
isn't too big a deal: a mix of ear buds and hearing protection works
wonders, but size and suction are important. I have a mix of carpet, wood
and some tiled areas. My dog has long hair and sheds in ways that defy
description, even in winter =:0

If you bought something a little pricey and got a machine truly worth
having, I would like to hear about it. Of course, if something cheap is
worth having, I'd _really_ like to know about it.

Thanks,

Bill

We have a 3 year old Dyson DC14. Best vacuum ever made, period. The
ease-of-use is way beyond any other vacuum cleaner design and just like the
ad says: never loses suction, never needs bags. Not cheap but I see the
price has gone down since they were introduced. Still worth every penny.

I don't care how powerful a vacuum is, if it needs bags or filters, it is
obsolete 19th century technology on par with 78 rpm records or pedal-powered
sewing machines.

-Carl