Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default [OT] - vacuum that really sucks??

"Bill Schwab" wrote in message
Hello all,

Any recommendations for a vacuum cleaner for home cleaning? Trying to fit
a big shop vacuum through tight spaces is getting a little old. Noise
isn't too big a deal: a mix of ear buds and hearing protection works
wonders, but size and suction are important. I have a mix of carpet, wood
and some tiled areas. My dog has long hair and sheds in ways that defy
description, even in winter =:0

If you bought something a little pricey and got a machine truly worth
having, I would like to hear about it. Of course, if something cheap is
worth having, I'd _really_ like to know about it.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill

I have easy access to the attic in my house. The garage is attached, so
it was easy to mount a good shop vac in the garage and lay PVC tubes in the
attic to access several "outlets in the house. I dropped the PVC down thru
closets where they are easily not seen. I chose closets that had a wall
common to a convenient place to insert a socket for the vacuum.

It can be a big benefit to have the dust/smell/noise in the garage rather
the house.

Jerry