wallster

Default busy building a minibike chopper from scratch, check it out!

My linkage was angle iron and a bell crank. There was no such thing as
welding for us, and the only power tool we had was a 1/4" electric drill.
Any larger holes were filed out after we rounded it with the bit as much

as
we could. I can remember when someone actually bought a Comet clutch for

$10
dollars-until then everything was belt drive with a tensioner (if you were
lucky-most things were push starts)

We also used to pound a wood roller from a reel-type lawn mower onto the
shaft of an engine and clamp it to the frame of a bicycle right behind the
seat. The roller would rub the tire and off we would go. Seems like we
always came up with something fun to do about 2 weeks before school

started
again...

yep, we only had a drill as well. We used to just push each other around on
those beasts until we aquired an engine with a centrifical clutch...
That's funny about the two weeks before school started, wasn't that the
truth!, we would have all failed elementary school if it didn't get cold in
the fall, that was about the only thing that kept us indoors for an hour or
so.

walt