Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Keith Willcocks Keith Willcocks is offline

Default Oil Filled Radiator

"John" wrote in message
Are these OK for batroom use? My Mums bathroom is very cold at the moment
(obviously). She is toying with the idea of a De Longhi radiator with a
hole drilled through the wall and plugged into a socket on the landing.
If I cut the plug off and drill a hole for the cable and re attach the
plug will it be safe using the rad in this situation. I was thinking of
shortening the cable so there would be no chance of it finding it's way
into the bath.

A few years ago my parents had a similar problem and mounted a Dimplex
radiant bar type heater with a pull switch high up on the wall to reflect
the heat down. You can also get the blower type heaters, intended for
bathroom use, that fit in the same way.
--
Keith Willcocks