Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:50:13 -0700, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

nick hull wrote:

Few police have ever been shot at

We just had a female state police shot dead in Las Cruces
recently. I supose that dosent count. :-(
...lew...

One is "few"

The leading cause of death among police officers, is traffic
accidents.

Not true. In 2006, 38 were killed in traffic accidents. In the same year, 46
were killed in felonious assaults with guns.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2006/index.html

The majority of police shootings, are shootings done with their own
weapon, after having it taken away from them by the suspect, who didnt
have one of his own.

Also not true. The FBI's LEOKA (Law Enforcement Officers Killed or
Assaulted) data says that, in the ten years from 1994 to 2003, 499 officers
were feloniously killed with guns. Of those, 42 of those guns were the
officers' own weapons.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/leoka03.pdf (Table 11, page 16)

Shall we disarm all police officers for their own safety?

First, run a bronze bristle brush dipped in Hoppe's No. 9 in one of your
ears and out the other, to clean out the crap in your head. Then re-fill it
with the facts.

--
Ed Huntress