Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

"SteveB" wrote in message

wrote

Yes, its a good summary of your situation. I have no issue with that.
Pity you need to, though. Glad I don't have to be armed and ready to
do the same.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Too bad that gladness will turn to sadness when the day comes that you
need self defense and don't have it. Or you have to watch helplessly
while you and yours or friends or people you don't even know have to take
it in the neck. At least go buy a decent sized can of pepper spray.

Enjoy your Pollyannish Utopia. And remember, reality always sneaks in
just to keep things straight. Don't ferget yer rose colored glasses when
you to out.

DOJ says that in one really foul gun-crime year (1982), the proportion of US
citizens who were victims of a gun crime (non-injury, non-fatal, and fatal
combined) was 4.0 per 1,000. The very large majority of those were people
who live in gang-ridden and drug-ridden ghettos.

Who is the Pollyanna here? What is the "reality"?

--
Ed Huntress