Rick

Default busy building a minibike chopper from scratch, check it out!

"wallster" wrote in message

I agree with Gary! It sets off the bike. I stayed up all night

planning
build me a bike now. My wife will hate you by the time I am done. Is

the
black pipe rigid enough to hold? I have made several things with black

pipe
and it work great for the projects that I used it for, but for a frame I
would think you would want something that did not have the malleability
issues BP has. Keep us posted on this as I will be building one too!

Scott Young

I was gonna use some chrome moly pipe but because of the design of this
particular frame (small and tight) bp will be fine (plus i'm cheap, wanted
to do this on a budget). The only area the bp was going to be a possible
problem was with the fork down tubes, that's why i inserted round bar to
reinforce it. The largest area of weight (me) will be over the rear wheel
where there's vertical pipe and steel plates that will support me. I
wouldn't take it off roadin' (ground clearance is about 3") but for just
goofing around, it will be fine. It's kind of a cool visual thing as well,
it will most likely sit in the garage 95% of the time.
walt

Caught my eye in the paper today...

http://www.detnews.com/2004/commutin...a06-188685.htm