Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur 51 Arthur 51 is offline

Default Trimming skirting for curved floor edge.

On 21 Dec, 11:53, Stuart Noble
wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
The bedroom I have just finished laying engineered w/wood flooring in
has a concrete base in front of the chimney breast (old victorian
terrace)
This concrete base was a little higher than the floorboards and has
resulted a slight rise at the edge but enough to mess up the skirting
that will cover this part
of the wall.
I've got some idea of how to trim the bottom edge of the skirting to
fit it level
and join up with the adjacent piece(s).
eg draw horizontal line on wall from top edge of adjacent piece,
then measure heights at regular intervals.
But this idea requires good skills with hand tools, eg plane. And I'm
**** with a plane.

Has anyone got a more foolproof idea?

Either run it through a sawbench, or fix it to something bigger and use
a circular saw to trim the width. IMO the bottom edge of the skirting
should be straight, even if the floor isn't.
I'd have probably chopped out the concrete to get the whole thing flat.
IME those hearths are only 50mm or so deep and break up pretty easily.

The skirting is 18mm thick x 5" mdf.
I have a radiator that runs nearly the whole width of this chimney
breast so will hide the trimmed skirting. And I've got some spare
skirting to try again if I really mess it up.

Thanks.

Arthur